We have released our next extension which allows magento to add a blogging feature. This extension is available on the Magento Marketplace and can be downloaded from here https://marketplace.magento.com/pravams-blog.html
The important features of this extension are:-
- All blogs can be see on the Magento frontend through a footer link.
- We can search the posts by title.
- We have added pagination for the posts for faster load time.
- Comments can be easily added and viewed on the post.
- All the blog URLs have the “create date” metioned in them.
- Blog can be created by magento admin as the author.
- Blog can also be created, updated, edited and deleted.
- We can assign categories to the post.
- The comment made on the blog can be approved by the admin user.
- Not approved comments will not be shown to the user.
Integration with Third party Blogging tools like WordPress or Blogger can be done using Rest API. For example if you you are using PHP, you can create an application with the below code.
<?php $url = "http://localhost/rest/default/V1/cmsPage/search?"; $token = "Authorization: Bearer eyJraWQiOiIxIiwiYWxnIjoiSFMyNTYifQ.eyJ1aWQiOjEsInV0eXBpZCI6MiwiaWF0IjoxNjc2OTg0NjY5LCJleHAiOjE2NzY5ODgyNjl9.IYurNTsUScs3B0jVZlCkGfTjsnOXQUKke9r8om0J8j0"; $queryParams="searchCriteria[filterGroups][filters][conditionType]=eq&searchCriteria[filterGroups][filters][field]=is_post&searchCriteria[filterGroups][filters][value]=1"; $url = $url.$queryParams; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json' , $token )); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "GET"); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 3000); $res = curl_exec($ch); var_dump($res);
Then similarly you can create another PHP code for connecting to the Rest API from blogger (https://developers.google.com/blogger/docs/3.0/using) or wordpress (use plugins free or paid)
And perform create, read, update and delete operations easily. If you still have questions you can leave comments and we will try our best to help you.